SAMBA BASH 20 X 2 September 17 to 20, 2020
Online registration ends September 16 at 5:00pm.Click here to register!! Early Bird registration ends June 15th.
The BASH at Camp Muckelratz is a rain or shine non-competitive mountain bike weekend in the Weiser State Forest on the Rattling Creek Trail system. SAMBA holds the event to generate funding to pay for the upkeep and expansion of the Rattling Creek IMBA Epic. For a map go to : https://sambabiker.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/207_RattlingCreek_Map.pdfDirections to BASH
You can Camp all three days, camp one night or just come up and enjoy the main event on Saturday September the 19th.
Saturday the 19th Guided IMBA Epic Rides on Saturday. Aid stations out on the Epic on Saturday stocked with cold water and snacks to keep you going. Group rides will be available for all levels of riders from shorter rides to the full IMBA Epic.
Breakfast: Serve yourself Bagels and Coffee in the cabin
Lunch: On your own
Dinner: Forrest Feed BBQ : Pulled Pork,mac n cheese, potato salad, baked beans, and slaw!
Evening Activities: Bike Toss, and campfire Saturday evening ***Additional entertainment TBD***
For those wanting the full SAMBA Bash Experience!
- Gates open Thursday at 1 pm.
- Camping is available Thursday, Friday and Saturday Nights!
- Camping is primitive with portable toilets, outdoor shower facilities and no hook-ups. We have very limited electric connectivity if needed for medical devices. The main camping is in and around the main field at camp. The roads in and out are not paved.
- Rides are on your own Thursday. Maps will be provided and limited SAG available if needed.
- SAMBA led rides begin Friday afternoon and continue through Saturday. (Ride schedule to be determined)
- HELMETS and WAIVERS are required on all groups rides due to our insurance regulations.
- Weather permitting, we will have campfires each night.
- Gates will close by 1:00 on Sunday
- At your campsite and on the trails: Please “Leave No Trace”! Pack it in, Pack it out: Any user of recreation lands has a responsibility to clean up before he or she leaves. Please inspect your campsite and rest areas for trash and/or spilled foods. Please pack out all trash, garbage and personal belongings. Not only will this ensure a safe environment for future visitors to the campsites, trails, and surrounding forest lands, but this will help to keep our costs and clean up time down as well!
- The BASH event will only be canceled in the event of extreme weather! We hope for blue bird skies, starry nights and dry trails however, please come prepared for rain/thunderstorms should the weather turn. More information will be added as we finalize the details.